RSS

Pages

The teaching days....

Well, tomorrow will be Teacher's Day. Reading my friend's blog really reminded me of the occasion and brought me back to think of the days when I was teaching. This friend of mine is also a teacher and we both met during our NIE training days. She's now a mother of two and taking NPL to care of the kids. I really admire her for what she is able to do with her kids and seriously a good cook too.

Memories of the old days are fond but guess teaching JC kids is simply different from secondary school kids who are more appreciative, who actually remember you even when you are no longer their teacher. Actually wonder where all my 'kids' are after they graduated and me leaving the school landscape. There hasn't been much contact, not to mention visitation. Guess these 'kids' are no longer the 'kids' I knew but rather youths who have a great life out there. Hey! How come I sound so sad! I should be happy for them! Ok ok..back to my paper work...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

indeed.. tertiary life and sec life are so much different.. n very true.. i am much closer to sec teacher than tertiary lecturers.. n kind of missing those life.. where it's shower w alots of fun and love...

hey! Wanting to wish u a happy teacher day.. thou u r not my teacher.. heee..
do take care... thks for ur reply in the previous post..

Will the kid become not wanting to learn how to speak since she can rely on signing???

Anonymous said...

hey Joanie,thanks for sharing,you sound so melancholic!Must be the preggie hormones!haha.Thanks for putting a referral to my blog and your very kind words.While my blog seem to portray what a 'great' job i am doing,every day it is a heart's hard battle between staying home/fade into obscurity and going out there/make a name for myself. Very tough and it makes me realy emotional and depressed most of the time.

I actually don remember my JC teachers much,not so much because they are not good but because the timetable,the stress of coping just doesnt allow us to mingle and build deeper relationships.No bearing at all on how the teachers are like,the 2 years pass just too fast to build any deep relationship,at least in my opinion.

I wish you a very warm happy teachers' day and keep your heart glowing,hope to see u again.:)

Joanie said...

Hi gals, thanks for your encouragement. Guess pregnancy and HQ work do bring mood abit down, especially these days my coordinator juz being so inconsistent. Comment things no good but no better suggestions. Probably also my temperament not very good with the raging hormones. Haha..hope the little boy won't have such temper if not dunno how to handle man!!!! Probably also a sign that I should stay home and mother the kids since there isn't much purpose at work and direction isn't clear.

Anonymous said...

happy teachers day! heyhey i still remember u! just that never visit only..haha..you're not forgotten! tj's homecoming dinner last night, and those of us who were there were looking for u too! like shaun, your chem rep! he wanted to thank u for bringing his grades up so drastically. :)

Joanie said...

Hi hi huiwen, thanks for the thoughts. Didn't make it back for homecoming but I am sure it was fun meeting up with all the teachers. Guess this is the very thing that keeps teachers going for many many years...

Anonymous said...

yeah, catching up with the tutors were fantastic. i guess thats what many teachers feel? cos FT tells me that too. Take heart in the fact that you have touched many lives during the course of your teaching career. :)